Blogging for LGBTQ Families Day!
Hey everyone, this year I am participating in Mombian’s Blogging for LGBTQ Families, and I’d like to spread the word to you fellow bloggers as well!
How does it work? Simple. Go to this Mombian link to submit your post about LGBTQ families. The post can be about anything. All posts will be added to a master list for all to enjoy. This is a great way to experience new blogs, new ideas, and new people to learn from and relate to.
Here is a list of topic ideas from the Mombian website:
- An anecdote from your daily family life. Your post doesn’t need to be epic (although it can be, if that’s how you roll). Sometimes an everyday moment says it all.
- A story about an LGBT family you know. What has knowing them meant to you and/or your kids?
- Why you want(ed) to become a parent.
- One thing about your family that makes it different from most others around you, and one thing that makes it the same.
- How coming out or transitioning has affected your relationship(s) with your child(ren) or your parent(s).
- Your favorite book, movie, or TV show that includes LGBT parents and/or their children.
- How you’d incorporate LGBT parents or kids into an existing book, movie, or TV show that doesn’t have them.
- How a law or court ruling for or against LGBT equality has affected your family or one you know.
- Why you support a bill or pending court ruling for LGBT equality.
- A photo or video of your family.
- How becoming a parent has changed your relationship with your extended family.
- The one thing you’d most like to tell [fill in a politician’s name] about LGBT families.
- How your faith informs your parenting, or your views on LGBT families.
- A poem about your family or a family you know.
- Your favorite family activity.
I hope that you consider participating, and please share this unique opportunity with others! The post that I’m submitting will be up soon.